Tuesday, March 26, 2013

La Cantine

I met up with 3 of my girlfriends today for lunch at La Cantine. The chef of La Cantine is Chef Bruno Menard, the first 3 michelin Star chef to be permanently based in Singapore. So you can imagine I went to lunch with great expectations.


I love their butter that goes with the bread.


I ordered their set lunch. The starter was some potato pork salad which tastes quite good!

The main course was cod fish gratin. It was my first taste of cod fish gratin, and though it was baked, it didn't taste too heavy. The cod fish was quite a twist compared to the usual potato or meat gratin.


Cherine ordered their duck confit as her main course from the ala carte menu and while I didn't get to try it, she exclaimed it was very good!


The bomb of the meal was the salted caramel lava cake, which we ordered from the ala carte menu! Oozing with caramel goodness, there was a pinch of salt on the cake to make the whole experience even more heavenly. Lava cakes will never taste the same ever!

Our dessert from the set lunch menu was the petite 3s? Nothing to wow about, it was average.

My verdict: This is my new favorite restaurant!



Add: 8 Marina View, #01-01 Asia Square Tower, Singapore 018960
Tel: 6690 7567


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...