Saturday, April 24, 2010

a try at TWG

I finally got to try out TWG today.


I met up with Joanne today and decided to finally try the food and tea at TWG. The last time we were there with the 2 babes, so it was kinda hard to get seats, as the place was too cramp for 2 strollers. So we decided to give the place another go.

We waited for like 10 minutes on a weekday afternoon. Yes, the seating capacity at TWG is rather pathetic, plus the fact that they have to use those bulky European chairs, which doesn't help one bit. Anyway, I was rather excited about the food there, mainly the foie gras sandwich (!) and their macarons, as I've read reviews that they ain't too shabby.

Well, I had their celebration set, which consists of a pot of TWG tea, 3 finger sandwiches, 2 muffins or scones or 1 patisserie and 3 macarons. Yes, I kinda finished all the food, except for the muffin. Hah! I am that greedy!



I thought overall, their food was alright. I would return for their tea (I had their Vanila Bourbon tea) and sandwiches (foie gras!) and macarons (Napoleon Tea & Caramel, and Earl Grey & Chocolate thank you) but please skip the scones and muffins. But I wouldn't queue up for more than 10 minutes to pay for the pricey food there. A once in while indulgence is good enough.

And now I am craving for foie gras.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...