Friday, February 17, 2012

a Day Off

Dar took a day off from work today and we celebrated a day after his birthday together, and for V Day too. Heh. Kerri will be staying overnight at the in-laws' and Kae will be sleeping with my parents in Bishan.

Yes, a rare night off. I was looking forward to a night of uninterrupted sleep. Heehee.

We had lunch at Bedrock Bar and Grill. Yes, lunch is cheaper. More specifically, their set lunch. You can choose to have a 2 course of a soup or dessert with a main, or a 3 course of all 3 mentioned. I think it's quite a good idea since both the soup and dessert for the lunch sets are daily specials, and you have no choice for each item.

Their nan bread is served with butter and garlic. The unusual thing is their garlic is served whole! Super yum!


I ordered their celery soup to try. It's quite alright I guess. You can't go wrong with cream base soup.

And then came our meat. We both love red meat. Hence this restaurant. They are reputed to serve good quality meat.

Dar chose the ribeye with fries as the side. While I opted for the striploin with yukon gold mash potato as my side. I choose mash potato over fries any time.



I loved my striploin and my mash potato. I want to go back for lunch!

Dessert was average, just a chocolate brownie cheesecake.

We ended the meal with coffee as usual, but we should have drank at their sister cafe Oriole, just next door instead. The exact same coffee costs more at Bedrock!

After lunch, we walked around town for a little while before heading to Spa Vintage for a nice massage. Alas, my nose was too sensitive for my own good, and I became sick with a bad bad bad case of runny nose right after the massge. Think it's the air and the oil used.

Dinner was at Sushi Tei Holland Village as we wanted to head to Wala Wala for a short drink after. Parking at Holland V is always a headache now. We would be considered lucky if we can get a lot after 10 minutes. Once, we waited for at least half an hour, with the 2 girls in the car no less.

I always feel very old going to Wala now. Especially if we head to the bar upstairs. But today, we saw a few other couples and groups who seemed to be around the same age as us. Hah. It's no longer a hang out drinking joint for youngsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...