Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ubin Seafood

We always have a headache when it comes to eating places now that we moved to Shelford. I cook dinner now daily on weekdays when we are at home. Weekends however, we will roam the streets of Singapore to find food.

Sick of shopping centre food courts and restaurants, we try to stick to eateries outside of shopping malls. Of course, we need recommendations. Going to Holland V every other weekend is getting boring, and exasperating, as it takes us forever to wait for a parking lot.

Dar's colleague recommended him Ubin Seafood, which is located at Sin Ming, which is considered near to our place. We realised that we ate at Ubin Seafood when thy were located at the junction of Bukit Timah and Sixth Avenue years ago. We thought the food was just passable. But we thought we should give it another go.

So off we went to Sin Ming. And we ordered 5 dishes for the 2 adults and 2 toddlers. Okay, it seems a bit excessive. Hah!

I liked the satay. For a hawker standard, it tasted quite good. The meat was not overdone, and very chewy.

Next is their salted egg yolk squid. As a lover of salted egg and seafood, this dish can do no worng. It didn't taste too rich. They could however improve by serving the dish while it was still warm.

Their Ngoh Hiang was too fried till too dry for my liking. The sauce was nice though.

I didn't bother to take a photo of their bean curd which we ordered. I didn't like that as we thought it was the egg bean curd initially when we ordered.

My favorite dish of the evening would have to be their fried hokkien prawn noodle special. There is a certain condiment or sauce they used which I can't pinpoint what it is exactly. Downside, its a bit salty, so much so that dar only ate like 1/4 and gave the rest to me! It's a portion for 2-3 to share.

What can I say, I am the bigger eater of us 2. Heh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...