Monday, June 28, 2010

the First 11 days

Kerri is now 11 days old.


She's been proving to be a little tigress in every sense. When she wants her milk, she means business; she will cry the house down if she don't get her milk. The thing is, she drinks a lot! Her appetite is insatiable! And it's driving mummy nuts when she would just doze off while latching on to mummy after 5 minutes! Being the control freak that I am, I am now feeding her milk via the bottle rather than latching on. Same thing happened with Kae. So I pump milk dilligently every 4-5 hours ( I will start pumping every 3-4 hours after my massage ends on thursday), in order to get the supply going. Luckily this time round (touch wood!), I have more milk at this stage than when I had Kae.

I give her 80ml every 3 hours, but she usually would want her milk every 2 hourly during the daytime! So you can imagine how tiring it is now for me, pump milk, rest, feed, pump milk, rest, feed. Hah. It's back to the good old days. But somehow it feels damn good when you see the amount of milk being pumped out. Heh! All for baby!

Other than her huge appetite, Kerri also likes to demand to be carried. I guess that's the norm for most babies. Kae used to be like that too. Sigh.

Oh, and the confinement food is really heating me up! I feel so warm nowadays. Even being in an air-conditioned room with a temperature of 24 degree celsius doesn't help much; I would need the fan to be turned on at the same time. Yes, I use the fan, and I bathe everyday. I cannot imagine women nowadays still abide to the no bathing rule. It's so bloody hot nowadays! Even with the crazy rainy weather!

2 and 1/2 more weeks to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...