Thursday, June 10, 2010

the Good still Exist!

I was touched by 2 strangers recently. It's just a simple gesture by 2 strangers on the Circle Line, but still.

Nowadays, I would take the Circle Line to go pick up Kae, and the Mountbatten Station is just behind her school. Going there is not a problem, as I will always have seats when I take the East West Line from Pasir Ris, and the Circle Line from Paya Lebar. It is when I take the Circle Line to go to the in-laws' that I find absolutely tiring. As I would be taking the mrt in the same direction as the peak hour crowd, i.e. from Mountbatten to Serangoon, where I take another 2 stops from Serangoon to Boon Keng on the North East Line. Okay, if you do not take the trains often, you might be a bit lost here. Heh. So, I attach a copy of the MRT map here for your information. Hah! By the way, the map is taken from the LTA website as at 11 June 2010 and includes the upcoming stations that are still under construction.


Okay, long story short. Basically the 2 strangers both did the same thing for me. They both asked people who were seated to give up their seats to me and Kae.

The 1st was a foreigner. She herself gave her seat up when she saw me and Kae enter the cabin. Then seeing that Kae can take 1 seat on her own and that I was carrying 2 bags and a big tummy, she just turned to the lady who was in the next seat to stand up and give me her seat. You know what that lady responded with? "Oh sorry, I didn't see her." Like real. She was just trying to wriggle herself out of an awkward situation. Thank you kind foreigner!

The 2nd lady really touched me. There were only a few single seats in the cabin I was in. So of course, Kae would take a seat and I would stand in front of her as I can't leave her alone and sit somewhere else. Then out of nowhere, this lady came up to the 2 young men seated next to Kae from another cabin and chided them for not moving over to the empty seat next to them so that I can take their seat and be seated with Kae. Seriously, she made the effort, walked over, chided them and went back to her own seat in the next cabin! Now, how many of you would do that for a stranger?

It may just be a simple act to some, but it means the world to me when I'm in the heavy condition I'm in now. Kind souls do exist in this world. There is still hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...